In consideration of the services provided by Vertical Difficult Access Solution, I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge Vertical Difficult Access Solution, on behalf of myself, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on my behalf.
1. I acknowledge that rope access, rescue, and work-at-height training, as well as performance evaluation, and/or demonstrations entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated. The risks include, among other things: terrain hazards and slips and falls; being struck by dislodged or thrown objects; the use and potential or actual failure of climbing ropes and equipment; the forces of nature and exposure to environmental elements; the risk of falling; my own physical condition, and the physical exertion associated with this activity. Furthermore, I understand that although Vertical Difficult Access Solution's personnel seek safety, they are not infallible. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity.
2. I certify that I am at least 18 years of age, my participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. I hereby certify that I am physically able to perform the strenuous tasks required in this activity and that I do not have any known sicknesses or physical impairments, which could be aggravated by my participation. Some contra-indications include, but are not limited to: heart disease, high blood pressure, epilepsy, black-outs, fear of heights, vertigo, impaired limb function, alcohol or drug abuse, psychiatric illness, and diabetes. I understand that this training involves being suspended in a harness for prolonged periods, which can place additional stress on the circulatory system. Furthermore, I agree to immediately notify the instructor if I feel I cannot safely perform a procedure and will refrain from performing such procedures.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Vertical Difficult Access Solution from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of Vertical Difficult Access Solution's equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of Vertical Difficult Access Solution.
4. Should Vertical Difficult Access Solution or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
6. In the event of litigation, I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against Vertical Difficult Access Solution on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
I understand that photographs and video may be taken of me during my participation in Vertical Difficult Access Solution activities and I hereby release the use of these images without compensation. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.